7.23.2012

Life Lessons

I took this picture a few years ago and it has always been a favorite of mine. I’m not usually one for staged pictures but this one I had to take. In the winter, each morning before school, I would walk by this door outside my room and draw something on it. After drawing the heart and seeing the light shining behind it, I knew it would be a beautiful picture.

Photography 026

Each time I look at it I think of love, but not the typical kind that we see in movies. Something much bigger than that; a love in faith, a love for one another-even those we have never met.

Friday was my last day as a nanny for the summer and when I got there Halli, the 6 year old, asked me if I heard about what happened in Colorado. She looked at me with such confusion yet sincerity and said, “I don’t know why anyone would do something bad like that. People are precious and that was wrong.” Hearing her say that made me stop and think. I wish everyone could have that outlook on life- that people are precious and everyone deserves our love and acceptance.  I hope that everyone can someday live their lives with that attitude and state of mind.

Although my job was to look after these 3 little girls and maybe teach them a thing or two, in the end, they ended up teaching me not only about myself but about life. I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful experience as a nanny this summer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!